Attorney Mark A. Buterbaugh is one of the day to day managing partners of the firm. He also manages the firm’s Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Disability practices.
Attorney Buterbaugh has recovered tens of millions of dollars in benefits for injured workers throughout Pennsylvania. His practice is a full workers’ compensation litigation practice, from fighting workers compensation denials, to defending against employer petitions, to arguing description of injury, to settling cases for lump sum settlements, to Workers’ Compensation appellate practice.
Attorney Buterbaugh also handles Federal Workers Compensation cases, assisting Federal government employees obtain and protect the benefits they are entitled to under the Federal Employees Compensation Act.
Attorney Buterbaugh also has an active and growing Social Security Disability practice, representing disabled clients before Administrative Law Judges, when they have been denied benefits by the Social Security Administration. The practice has expanded to include assistance with initial application for benefits. He also assists individuals with appeals for both Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance.
Immediately prior to joining Mooney Law, Attorney Buterbaugh worked for a large Pennsylvania law firm representing some of Pennsylvania’s largest Employers and Insurance Carriers in workers’ compensation defense. His experience on the defense side provided valuable insight, experience, and knowledge as to the strategies and the way insurance defense attorneys approach workers’ compensation cases. It also provided him a broad foundation into medical records review and medical knowledge of various injuries, which is critical to understanding a workers’ compensation case.
Attorney Buterbaugh graduated from Widener University School of Law in 2009. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree from Penn State (1992) in Political Science with a minor in Labor Relations and a Masters Degree from Shippensburg University (1997) in Public Administration.
Upon graduation from Law School, Attorney Buterbaugh served as an Enforcement Counsel for the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, helping to enforce the laws and regulations within the Pennsylvania casino and gaming industry. He argued enforcement actions before the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. Prior to law school, he worked for fourteen years in various staff and committee staff positions with the Pennsylvania House of Representatives at the State Capitol in Harrisburg.
Attorney Buterbaugh resides in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania and has served on various community boards. He was the youngest elected President of Borough Council in Shippensburg history at the age of 24 (1996). Attorney Buterbaugh was elected to the Shippensburg School Board in 2013 and served as President of the School Board. He currently serves on the Board of Director of the Franklin County United Way.
Areas of Practice
- Workers Compensation
- Federal Workers Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Personal Injury
- Short term Disability Insurance Appeals
- Long Term Disability Insurance Appeals
- Pennsylvania, 2009 to Present
- Lebanon County, 2018 to Present
- Franklin County, 2012 to Present
- Cumberland County, 2012 to Present
- The Widener University School of Law, 2009 J.D.
- Shippensburg University, 1997 M.P.A.
- Pennsylvania State University, 1992 B.A.
Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2009 to Present
- Franklin County Bar Association, 2012 to Present
- Lebanon County Bar Association, 2018 to Present
- Cumberland County Bar Association, 2012 to Present
- Pennsylvania Association of Justice, 2012 to Present
- National Assoc. of Social Security Disability Claimants Rep., 2016 to Present
- Shippensburg School Board, Ten Years of Elected Service
- Shippensburg Produce and Outreach, Board Member, Present
- Shippensburg Chamber of Commerce, Board Member, Past
- Pa. State Bar Association, Community & Public Relations Committee, Member, 2015 to present
- Pa. State Bar Association, Bylaws Committee, Member, 2015 to Present
- Pa. School Boards Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- Board of Directors, Franklin County United Way, 2018 to present
- Post & Schell, PA,
- Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board,
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives,