Attorney John J. Mooney III has over thirty years of experience in the general practice of law. After being a partner in the law firm of Gates and Mooney for eleven years, he opened the firm of Mooney and Associates in 1997.
His experience and litigation experience—especially in the areas of personal injury, criminal defense and family law—is well known in York and Adams counties. Attorney Mooney is also experienced in handling probate estate administration, estate planning, real estate transactions, business organizations and transactions, and all aspects of civil and criminal litigation, including preliminary hearings, trials, and the appeals process.
As an authorized Title Insurance Agent since 1987, Attorney Mooney offers legal expertise along with your title insurance at no additional cost when representing his clients in the purchase of real estate.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability Litigation
- Living Wills
- Real Estate Litigation
- Preliminary Hearings
- Transaction Litigation
- Child Support
- Wrongful Death Accidents
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Power of Attorney
- Title Insurance
- White Collar Crimes
- Family Law
- Custody & Visitation
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate Transactions
- Land Use & Zoning
- Criminal Defense
- Appeal Process
- Business Organization
- Pennsylvania, 1983
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1984
- The Dickinson School of Law, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 1983 J.D.
- Virginia Tech, 1980 B.S.
- Political Science
Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, 1983
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1983
- York County Bar Association, 1983
- York County Trial Attorney Association
- Kiwanis, President: 1989 – 1990
- HART Center Sponsor, 1997 – 2004
- Board Member, Life Skills, 1989 – 1992
- Board Member, United Cerebral Palsy of South Central PA, 1992 – 1993
- Gates & Mooney, Hanover, PA, Partner, 1986 – 1997