Attorney Paul B. Royer recently rejoined our firm after serving for over two years as an Assistant Public Defender in Adams County during which time he argued two cases in front of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and represented hundreds of indigent clients at all stages of the criminal justice system. He is a dedicated advocate for everyone’s individual rights and a skilled civil litigator.
He previously worked in our Gettysburg office in general practice and assisted John J. Mooney, III with various complex litigation matters. Attorney Royer has also worked in the natural gas industry in the northern tier of Pennsylvania, where he focused on oil and gas lease acquisition, determining ownership of oil, gas and mineral rights and curing title defects.
Royer is an alumni of the Mercersburg Academy, received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Northern Illinois University and his Juris Doctorate from the Penn State Dickinson School of Law. He will be practicing mainly in and around Adams County in the areas of criminal defense and civil litigation. He is also licensed in Maryland.
He lives with his wife and children outside of Gettysburg and is currently serving as Vice President of the Congregational Council for Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
- Real Estate Law
- Maryland, 2003
- District of Columbia, 2004
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 2005
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, 2006
- Pennsylvania, 2016
- Dickinson School of Law, 2003 J.D. with Certificate in International, Comparative and Foreign Law
- Northern Illinois University, 1997 B.A. in History and Philosophy
Associations and Memberships
- Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation certified Oil & Gas Professional, 2015
- American Association of Professional Landmen, 2012
- Pennsylvania State Notary, 2010